Pages

Pages

Friday, February 17, 2012

Craft Weekends

I think in the back of my mind I've always dreamed of something like this! A weekend filled with crafting, friends new and old and lots of laughter. I love everything about what Meg has captured in these weekends and maybe one day if our budget allows it I'll hop on a plane and go attend one! How awesome would that be!?! I had forgotten all about her blog until I started talking to Bill last week about the overwhelming desire I have to escape with my mom and sisters and spend a weekend crafting and creating. He offered up the idea of using the new beach cottages on base, a brilliant idea since it's like a getaway but still close to home. Well, we came to find out that you have to rent them for a full week...ohhhh to craft for a full week! But that's not realistic so I quickly snapped out of my day dream and remembered Meg and her Whatever Craft Weekends. She does them at her home! Perfect! So, I've started planning the first annual Domestic Doozie Craft Weekend for this July! This year it will be just my sisters and momma but I'm hoping it sticks and that over the next 3 years we are living on the East Coast we can host more friends and family! Bill is going to pack up the boys and take them to see Papa and I will have the run of the house! I'll keep you updated on the plans, goodies, and the search for supplies!

1 comment:

  1. What a GREAT idea! So fun and something I think every girl needs! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete