Pages

Pages

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Busytown Cut Chenille Blanket

I know I've shared this type of quilt/blanket before but I can't help myself! This was the 7th one I have made and I have to share it again, I'm that in love with it!

My boys can't get enough of Richard Scarry's Busytown Series. If you have Netflix you can access 3 entire seasons of the cartoon. Believe me it has helped pass many a rainy day around here :) Plus the books have captured both of their hearts and it's a first pick bedtime author for our household.

This blanket is for a 1st birthday party we are attending on Saturday, the momma doesn't read my blog so I get to share it with y'all early! When I saw this fabric I knew it was perfect and my boys have already test run it for me. Both of them stood next to my sewing machine for most of the time I worked on it, pointing out cars and animals, making up stories about what they were seeing. I'm going to have to come up with another way to use this fabric for my tykes. But for now I'm certain this blanket will be loved and how cute are the board books I found to go with it!?!? Have a happy happy Thursday! And here is the link for the tutorial if you would like to make one yourself!

11 comments:

  1. oh we have all loved richard scary! and that blankie is awesome!!! such a perfect little gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all of your sewing projects! You are so clever and I am merely a wannabe seamstress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I have already told you on Instagram, my thoughts on this blanket, but I just ADORE it! It's beautiful and looks sooooo cozy! What a blessing you are to so many!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sneaky look that little one has on him =)
    Followed.
    thebookness.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! Very timely as my BFF is having twins. I need to pull out the sewing machine and make blankets x2

    ReplyDelete
  6. such a cute blanket! may have to attempt one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! that is amazing!! great job! Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog pot yesterday!!

    Melissa @ The Life of a Not So Ordinary Wife

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a coinkydink! my kids' last show of the night was busytown on netflix! they can't get enough of that show...not to mention my son looks EXACTLY like huckle...and many people agree :) p.s. LOVE that quilt!...SO JEALOUS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the blanket! So sweet and cuddly!
    But really...LOVE THAT WIRE BASKET!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. When Logan was born Sean insisted on going out and buying one of his favorite childhood books by Richard Scarry, who at the time I'd never even heard of! We now have like 4 books and a few DVDs, Logan and Peyton both LOVE Busytown!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I loved Richard Scarry books when I was a little girl. I had three of his books and I read them over and over. They came with me to hospital when I had my tonsils out. I had no idea there was a television show based on these. I can't believe these books are still in circulation today. I'm 55 years young now, in 2022. What a blast from my past!

    ReplyDelete