Lets talk about this nasty respiratory virus that is making its way around the country. As a momma who's boys use to pick up every virus in sight, my ears perked up when the stories started making headlines. A child struggling to get enough oxygen revs up the momma bear in me. But there are things we can do to be proactive and I'm all about being on the defense. The oils I'm sharing with y'all today are known for supporting a healthy immune system! Woot woot! I'm talking oily immune boosters ladies!
What we are doing from now through winter:
1. Thieves oil on the bottoms of feet at bedtime. Allowing this oil blend to work wonders on their immune systems while they rest. Which goes hand in hand with all the good stuff our body is already doing while we sleep!
2. A drop of Thieves oil under the tongue after big public outings like Awanas...hello germ city! (I had a kiddo in my Cubbies class spiting on his hands for the fun of it last week....sigh...)Do try this on yourself first, this oil is spicy, like a cinnamon altoid on steroids. I have my kids chase it with some water and a gummy vitamin. They are ages 4.5 and 7 and rock it like champs.
3. Diffusing R.C. at night. This is an amazing respiratory blend that not only helps with already occurring coughs and but also helps fend it off. Last winter Jack woke up in the middle of the night with a barky cough and it was this blend that saved us from the middle of the night E.R. trip for a dreaded steroid shot.
What I am keeping on hand:1. An oil blend called Raven. It is the sister blend to R.C. and they can be used together, alternating one on the chest and one on the back. Excellent for helping coughing fits and opening up airways. Raven contains Ravensara (Ravensara aromatica), lemon (Citrus limon), wintergreen (Gaultheria procumbens), peppermint (Mentha piperita) and Eucalyptus radiate.
2. Breath Again Roller. This blend is already diluted and comes in a roller bottle. Great for quick application and can be used to help with chest stuff.
3. Finally, Oregano! Y'all this is a jewel of an oil!!! If my kiddos get sick this is the oil I will be applying to the bottoms of their feet. I won't lie, it smells awful but it's worth the stink in the long run. Oil those tootsies up and pop on some socks! It can also be taken internally via capsule, but honestly I have not done my research on that yet, and we've had great success with foot application.
Because we homeschool I get a lot of comments about how my kids really aren't around a bunch of germs. Totally, FALSE! In fact, and not to bash the homeschool community, but I'm finding our co-ops we attend have more sick kiddos in the group than when Will was in regular school. There is no school nurse sending these tykes home so we get exposed to A LOT! I really believe our daily essential oil routine has set my boys up for a great Fall and Winter. If you are wavering with oils my thought is take the leap now, don't wait till we are in the thick of winter colds and flus, get your kiddos armored up now!
Alright, this momma bear is off her soap box!
If you'd like to purchase a starter kit please follow these simple instructions:
* Go to: https://beta.youngliving.com/vo/#/signup/start
*Please make sure you've checked Wholesale Member (and not retail customer---you will not get wholesale prices as a customer)
*Select "I was referred by a Young Living member, and I have his or her member number."
*Enter 1685363 in the sponsor ID and enroller ID areas
*Fill out your info
*Select your kit ($150 Premium Starter Kit is the best value. You get 10 oils plus a home diffuser in this kit)
*You can say no to the Essential Rewards--in fact, I recommend this until you've tried the oils and know if you like them or not.
*At this point you can add more to your order if you'd like
If you do sign up, I can invite you to a private group page that will be a huge resource to you and has helped me learn so much!
Have any question? Please feel free to ask me here or message me.