Pages

Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Chicken Pasta Salad

Y'all this is sooooo good. I mean SOOOOOO GOOD! It's a recipe that family friends shared with us years ago and we just keep coming back for more. It reminds me of being with friends and family, hearing the laughter and banter of those we love and while so much has changed and many miles and years have passed, every time I make this dish it takes me right back. On top of all the nostalgia yumminess its also crazy easy, feeds a crowd and since it's a cold dish you can send it in a lunch box! That I figured out last week, you don't even want to know the happy dance I did when I realized it could be add to the lunch box rotation. Woot woot!

Ingredients:
1 box of penne pasta cooked al dente' (I use the mini version)
1 bottle of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing (there are three sizes, get the middle one)
2 cups~sliced red or green grapes
3-4 cooked and diced chicken breasts
1 packaged of thick sliced bacon~cooked and crumbled
Basil for garnish

Combine the first 4 ingredients in a large casserole dish and chill for a couple of hours. When your ready to serve toss in the bacon and garnish with basil. If I remember correctly I think the original recipe also had red bell peppers diced and tossed into the dish, but my men really don't care for bell peppers.

So there you have it. It's too easy to be that good but what can I say? It will be a hit I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Looks all too yummy. I made waldorf salad today. My fall favorite. Apples, celery, walnuts, mayo, and today I added purple grapes. Delish. But nothing, I mean nothing, beats pasta! Thanks for the family recipe. The best kind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever made it with the homemade hidden valley ranch?

    ReplyDelete